Sunday, February 1, 2015

Blog Post 3


 Picture of words that go with peer editing.
    Peer editing is important when working your way to a finished writing product. Peer editing is where you work with someone your own age to review, revise, and alter his or her writing. In school I never really understood to correct way to peer edit, because we never had set rules on how to peer edit work. Now that I have examined the three resources, What is Peer Editing?, Peer Edit with Perfection Tutorial, and Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes, I have found the best way to peer edit.
    There are three steps that are associated with peer editing. These three are compliment, suggestion, and correction. Compliments are important because you want the writer to feel comfortable with the fact that someone is reading his or her writing. Next, suggestions are important because instead of saying something is wrong, a suggestion can make a writer less nervous with someone reading his or her writing. Lastly, correction is the most important because it is the whole reason for peer editing.
    When you peer edit it is important to treat others the way you would want to be treated. Do not act like a "Mean Margaret," or any of the others either, according to Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes. The best way to peer edit someone's work in EDM 310 is to follow the three big steps, as mentioned above in paragraph two. Peer editing is really important because I know, personally, that if I reread my work, I will read it exactly how the writing should sound. I need someone to go behind me and make sure everything looks good. These resources we studied this week will help us with the rest of our college journey.

2 comments:

  1. Brandi Wescovich,
    In high school my teachers never taught us how to peer edit correctly either. We were never taught to give compliments or suggestions; only to critique and correct. I feel that with compliments and suggestions students will get more out of the peer edit and look forward to having someone review their work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Make sure that you include links to your resources.

    ReplyDelete