Sunday, April 26, 2015

Blog Post 5 Part B

    Earlier in the semester we were asked to make a Personal Learning Network (PLN). Some of the internet sources that I used was Symbaloo, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. All of these internet sites are a great help in making a PLN. I personally like using Pinterest and Twitter the most because I have used them prior to this class.
Concept map for a Personal Learning Network.     Pinterest is great for anyone who want ideas that are coupled with tutorials. I have a board that is dedicated to future classroom ideas, and another that is for class projects. I find that Pinterest is perfect for anyone that just needs help with getting ideas for things. Pinterest can also link you with other people by the content of their boards. If someone has the same ideas on a board, there is an option to like the board and that allows everything the person pins, to that board, to be posted on your feed.
    Twitter is also great for making a PLN. Twitter allows people to interact with other people from around the world. I made a new Twitter for this class, so I would not mix school and personal life. Twitter allows you like and "retweet" other people's ideas. They can also like yours as well. This is great because it links people by what peaks their interest. I used Twitter to get ideas from other people who are teachers or who are currently in an education program. Twitter is user friendly as well.
    There are many sites that can be used when constructing a Personal Learning Network. I made account for Symbaloo, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. The two sites that eventually won out when I further used them were Pinterest and Twitter. I recommend that everyone should try each before they make an assumption that one is better than the other. PLNs can help anyone with any profession. 

No comments:

Post a Comment