Sunday, April 19, 2015

C4T 4 John Burke

Picture of the word blog.Guided Reflection in Physics Class: John Burke constructed a blog post about the importance of guided reflection in physics class. He references a tweet by Andy Rundquist, that contains a link to an essay about guided reflection and self evaluation. This essay is called "Attending to Lifelong Learning Skills through Guided Reflection." This paper begins to talk about asking physics students things they would like to work on from the week before. This process is known as self evaluation. Burke went on to explain that he contacted the writers of the essay, and received many useful resources for his class. He also explained that he thought of using these techniques in his classroom to help the students work on different things. He noticed that his students began to understand more of the things that they struggled with on a weekly basis. He ended his blog post with the idea that guided reflection and self evaluation will not only help in the classroom, but also in normal life.
    Hi, Mr. Burke. My name is Brandi Wescovich. I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am currently enrolled in the EDM 310 course. I am in the Elementary Education program and I liked reading your blog post about self evaluation and guided reflection. I plan to use this in my future classroom. This will help me determine who does not understand each concept that I teach. I like how you included the actual documents that you used. I would defiantly tell other future teachers about this resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment