Tuesday, April 7, 2015

C4T 3 Ken Halla

1. National WWII Museum & Teachers: Halla's blog post is about the WWII Museum's website. He explained that the museum's website is very helpful for history teachers. He also explained that there is a teacher site to the page. This site has a very convenient virtual tour of the museum. This site is great for future and current secondary history teachers.
Picture of Ken Halla.     Hi, Mr. Halla, my name is Brandi Wescovich. I am a student at the University of South Alabama, and I am currently enrolled in the EDM 310 course here. I am in the Elementary Education Program and I loved learning about the WWII Museum's website. I have visited the WWII Museum twice before and I loved it. I love history and my favorite subject is WWII. I plan to use this in my future classroom.

2. My Newspaper Editorial: Halla's second blog post was about technology in the classroom. Recently he had been seeing negative editorials about using technology in the classroom. Halla decided that he was going to write his own. His editorial is called Halla: Don't Kick Technology Out of Virginia's Classrooms. He explains that the Virginia Legislature is trying to limit the use of technology in the classroom, to protect the state's students. Halla wants to prove that technology should be used in the classroom. I really enjoyed reading this blog post; it is directly related to what we are learning in EDM 310.
    Hi, Mr. Halla, my name is Brandi Wescovich. I am a student at the University of South Alabama, and I am currently enrolled in the EDM 310 course here. I am in the Elementary Education Program and I loved reading about your view on technology in the classroom. We are learning that it is great to use technology in the classroom. I believe that students should be subjected to technology in the classroom; it gives them experience to build on when they end their formal school career. Teachers are the ones who need to teach students how to be safe on the internet. I would defiantly recommend future teachers to read this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment