Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Technology and Teaching: My Philosophy

    I was a little worried when I signed up for EDM 310. I heard so many stories of people dropping the class, and how the work is hard. I really did not know how the class would go, since there were new teachers. I was still a little overwhelmed after the first day of class, but I pushed through and made it to the stopping point. I have learned many new things along this semester long journey. These new resources are so helpful to my future career. A lot of the resources, that I have gathered, will be used in my future classroom. 
A picture of an apple and a computer.
    I plan to use Google drive; I will use this to allow students to share and gather their group's work. Google drive is perfect for Project Based Learning groups. I also plan on using the SMART Board in my classroom. It was fun being able to play with the SMART Board. There are more technologies that I might try in the future, but these two stuck out for me.
    Technology is a useful tool  in any classroom. I believe that every teacher should use one form of technology. The world, outside of the classroom, uses all forms of technology, so it is important to teach children how to regularly use technology. Just like here at South, to become a teacher we have to take online tests, so it is only natural that students learn to use technology. This allows students the upper hand when it comes to college. If we do not teach them how to use technology at least let the students become familiar with it. 
    EDM 310 was a class that I was scared to take, but now that I am almost done, I understand that without it, I would be lost in some of my other courses. I plan to use so many of the new technology and resources in my future classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment